Whether it is North Indian cuisine or something down south, bread is an important part of the meals that we have. These range from parathas, rotis, naans, and much more. And what makes delicious bread? The flour that you use.
The different kinds of flours not just make your food taste better but also have a role to play in your health.
Continue reading to know more about four of the healthiest flours and interesting ways to use them.
Also known as chickpea flour, besan is a staple in Indian households. It is loved for its unique nutty taste and fragrance. It is not only used in a variety of dishes but also makes for a great skincare ingredient. Adya Organics’ besan flour is stone ground so that the flour retains its nutritive value and taste.
- Besan flour is so rich in proteins that vegetarians prefer it to fulfill their protein needs.
- It is an excellent source of fiber. This helps regulate your weight and keeps your digestive system healthy. The fiber in besan flour also
- Since it has a low glycemic index, it doesn’t cause blood sugar spikes, making it the perfect flour option for diabetics.
- Abundant in vitamin B6, besan flour offers instant energy.
Best used for:
- Making healthy cheelas, rotis, dosa, and besan toast.
- Vegetarians can swap eggs with besan to make an omelet.
- It makes excellent desserts such as halwa, protein ladoos, besan dates barfi, etc.
- Use it to make delicious curries like gatte ki sabzi, kadhi, pithla, etc.
Pearl millet is one of the oldest cereals in the world and is loved for its excellent nutrition and distinct taste. We source our millets sustainably directly from local farmers to get you the most nourishing flour with minimal processing. Here are some reasons why you should include more bajra flour in your diet:
- Being gluten-free, bajra flour is a great alternative to wheat flour and works better for people who have gluten intolerance or Celiac disease.
- Its high fiber content keeps your heart healthy.
- Bajra flour is easier on the stomach and prevents constipation, acidity, and ulcers.
- It is a good source of protein for vegetarians who cannot consume meat-based foods.
- High in potassium, it reduces blood pressure and keeps your heart healthy.
- It has phosphorus, which keeps your bones stronger.
Best used for:
- Make bajra rotis and dosas.
- Try thepla, pancakes, and crepes.
- It makes delicious desserts like bajra sheera, cake, and cookies.
If you want to enjoy deliciously soft bread with the goodness of 7 grains, Adya Organics’ multimillet is the best option. A powerhouse of goodness, it is made by combining ragi, moong, bajra, sama, jau, chana, and til, which makes it the perfect alternative to any other processed wheat flour.
- Low in carbs, it keeps your heart healthy by regulating your cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- It is an instant energy booster and keeps away fatigue, joint pain, and cramps.
- Consuming multimillet flour is a great way for detoxifying the body.
- It enhances your immunity and keeps illnesses away.
Best used for:
- Making regular bread such as roti and parathas.
- Try making snacks like dosas, theplas, idlis, and cheelas.
- Make nutritious and low-carb desserts like laddoos, cakes, and protein bars from multimillet flour.
A premium wheat flour, Sharbati flour is made with top-quality wheat. Often known as the golden grain, it is preferred for its golden hue and sweeter taste than flour made with regular wheat. We source the wheat directly from the farmers in Madhya Pradesh. These fine grains are then filtered and ground naturally to get you the healthiest organic flour.
- Rich in vitamins B and E, consuming Sharbati flour reduces fatigue and boosts your energy levels.
- Its magnesium and calcium content helps keep your muscles and bones stronger.
- Being a rich source of iron, this flour fights anemia.
Best used for:
- Make delicious rotis, pooris, and parathas.
- Try Sharbati atta bread and pita pockets.
- It makes delicious pancakes, crepes, cookies, muffins, and cakes.
From boosting your immunity, helping you lose weight, to improving your overall health in the long run, consuming these flours are a great way to improve your overall wellness. Get in touch with us today to know more about making that healthy swap with our range of flours for a healthier you.