- Adya Organics Bajra flour or pearl millet flour is made by stone grinding the small round grains of pearl millet. When ground, the flour takes on a grayish color and nutty flavor
- Bajra flour has a low glycaemic index which helps control blood sugar levels
- As bajra is highly alkaline, it reduces bloating and acidity. It is one main reason why Luke Coutinho recommends Adya Organics Bajra flour for weight loss.
- Bajra flour is used to make dhokla, parathas, theplas, rotis, and other bread.
- Bajra is gluten-free and aids in eliminating inflammation
- Being an excellent source of potassium, bajra reduces blood pressure by increasing blood flow.
- Bajra also contains high concentrations of insoluble fiber, which aid in digestion and reduce constipation. Pearl millets contain high amounts of amino acids which are more readily digestible than wheat.
- The fiber also helps ease stomach ulcers and prevents gallstone formation.
- Adya Organics Bajra flour contains potent antioxidants that help prevent premature aging. The magnesium in the flour also prevents heart disease and stroke.
- Another reason why Luke Coutinho recommends Adya Organics bajra flour is because of its cooling properties that help relax the body after a workout session.