- Adya Organics Bajra flour or pearl millet flour is made by stone grinding the small round grains of pearl millet. When ground, the flour takes on a grayish color and nutty flavor
- Bajra flour has a low glycaemic index which helps control blood sugar levels
- As bajra is highly alkaline, it reduces bloating and acidity. It is one main reason why Luke Coutinho recommends Adya Organics Bajra flour for weight loss.
- Bajra flour is used to make dhokla, parathas, theplas, rotis, and other bread.
- Bajra is gluten-free and aids in eliminating inflammation
- Being an excellent source of potassium, bajra reduces blood pressure by increasing blood flow.
- Bajra also contains high concentrations of insoluble fiber, which aid in digestion and reduce constipation. Pearl millets contain high amounts of amino acids which are more readily digestible than wheat.
- The fiber also helps ease stomach ulcers and prevents gallstone formation.
- Adya Organics Bajra flour contains potent antioxidants that help prevent premature aging. The magnesium in the flour also prevents heart disease and stroke.
- Another reason why Luke Coutinho recommends Adya Organics bajra flour is because of its cooling properties that help relax the body after a workout session.
What is bajra flour good for?
Stoneground flour is often considered healthier compared to industrially processed flour. It is made by grinding whole grains between two stone plates, preserving the bran and germ, which contain valuable nutrients and fiber. The resulting flour retains more nutrients and has a lower glycemic index, making it a favorable choice for those seeking a more nutritious option.
Is bajra flour better than wheat?
Stoneground flour can be used in various culinary applications, including baking bread, making pastries, and creating flavorful doughs. Its coarser texture and the presence of the bran and germ can lend a unique flavor and texture to baked goods. Additionally, it can be used as a substitute for regular flour in recipes that call for a nuttier, denser result.
Is bajra heavy to digest?
Stone ground grain is often considered better than grain processed with steel or roller mills. The stone grinding process helps retain more of the grain’s natural nutrients and preserves its inherent flavor. It also results in a coarser texture, which some people prefer in their baked goods.
Is Bajra roti good for diabetes?
Stone ground wheat can be a healthy option as it retains the bran and germ, which are rich in nutrients and fiber. The bran contains dietary fiber, B vitamins, and minerals, while the germ provides healthy fats, vitamin E, and other essential nutrients. Including stone ground wheat in your diet can contribute to a well-rounded and nutritious eating plan.
In which season we should eat bajra roti?
The benefits of stone ground wheat are primarily associated with its retention of the bran and germ. These components provide dietary fiber, which supports healthy digestion, promotes satiety, and aids in maintaining stable blood sugar levels. The bran and germ also offer vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which contribute to overall health and well-being.
Is bajra good for upset stomach?
The protein content in stoneground flour can vary depending on the type of grain used. However, on average, it contains a similar amount of protein as regular flour. Protein content is primarily determined by the type of grain rather than the grinding process. Wheat flour, for example, typically contains around 10-15% protein. It’s important to note that specific protein levels can vary among different brands and types of stoneground flour, so it’s advisable to check the nutritional information on the packaging for accurate details.