- Natural Sweetener: Nolen Gur is a natural alternative to refined sugar, offering a healthier option for sweetening your food and beverages.
- Rich in Minerals: Date Palm Jaggery contains essential minerals like iron, potassium, and magnesium, promoting overall well-being.
- Antioxidant Properties: Nolen Gur possesses antioxidant properties that help in neutralizing harmful free radicals in the body.
- Boosts Immunity: The jaggery brick is known to boost the immune system, helping the body fight against infections and diseases.
- Rich Flavor: Nolen Gur’s unique caramel-like taste enhances the flavor of various dishes, adding a delightful twist to your recipes.
Nolen Gur | Jaggery Brick
Date Palm Jaggery Sandesh
- 1 litre milk
- taste juice of a lime mixed with some water
- 1/2 cup Date Palm Jaggery ( nolen gur), grated
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- as needed little ghee to grease the moulds
- Step:1 Bring the milk to a boil. Add the lime water and keep stirring. The milk will start to curdle.
- Step:2 After 1-2 hours collect the paneer and mix together with the jaggery till smooth. You can also blend in the mixie.
- Step:3 Keep stirring continuously on a low flame till it becomes thick and the colour changes to a little dark colour. Grease the moulds with some ghee.
- Step:4 Take a small portion of the paneer-jaggery mix and place on a mould by gently pressing it. Slowly demould it and place them on a serving plate.
- Step:5 Make similar sandesh following the same method. Serve as and when required or as an after-meal dessert.
Is jaggery healthier than sugar?
Jaggery is a traditional, unrefined sweetener made from the sap or juice of various plants, like sugarcane or date palm. It is considered to be healthier than refined sugar as it is minimally processed and retains more of the natural nutrients present in the original plant. Jaggery contains minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, and potassium, as also small amounts of antioxidants and vitamins. It also has a lower glycemic index, which means it is less likely to cause a rapid spike in blood sugar levels. However, it is still high in calories and sugar, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. And it’s always a good idea to speak with a healthcare professional before making any significant changes to your diet.
What happens if we eat jaggery daily?
Eating jaggery daily in moderate amounts is considered safe for most people. It has several health benefits such as providing energy, minerals, and antioxidants. However, consuming excessive amounts of jaggery can lead to weight gain, increased blood sugar levels, and other health problems. It is also important to note that jaggery is high in calories and sugar, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. It’s always a good idea to speak with a healthcare professional before making any significant changes to your diet, especially for people with diabetes or other health conditions that affect blood sugar levels.