Whether you work out in a gym or are simply looking to bulk up, you must have been recommended protein shakes. While protein shakes do help in building muscles, they can also harm you when consumed for a long time.
This is where safe and natural protein-rich ingredients like organic sattu come in. This blog talks about some great reasons to switch to this excellent protein shake substitute and look your best without feeling guilty about harming your health.
Continue reading to know more.
Organic sattu powder or protein shake: What’s better?
Adding protein powder to your smoothie or a glass of milk may seem like the easiest and fastest way to get the body that you have always aspired for. However, an increasing number of studies are cautioning people about consuming protein shakes unsupervised.
A Harvard Medical School research says that consuming protein powders in excess may lead to issues like digestive stress and weight gain. The same research also points to these protein powders containing toxins such as heavy metals, pesticides, and other contaminants. These nasties are linked to severe conditions like cancer, chronic inflammation, etc.
This is why an increasing number of people are switching to natural protein sources like the superfood sattu.
Here are some reasons why you should swap that bulky jar of protein shakes with organic sattu:
It is a natural protein shake
Muscular strength is the key to your body’s mobility. From the smallest of activities like picking up a ball from the floor to lifting heavy weights in the gym, it’s your muscles that keep you agile.
Protein and its amino acids are essential for muscle development and repair. The International Journal of Research Publication and Reviews verifies that 100 grams of sattu powder contains approximately 14.73 grams of protein, making it a powerhouse of energy. This protein content is completely vegan, perfect for people who are selective about their food choices. Not to mention, it is absolutely pure without any additives.
It keeps you cool
This is one important benefit that you don’t usually get from protein shakes. Sattu, often known as the summer cooler, is the perfect drink for cooling down your body during summer.
Its cooling properties prevent dehydration, especially after all those workout sessions, and bring down your body’s temperature helping you relax.
Sattu helps you optimize your weight
For people who are working out to lose weight, sattu is the best addition to their diet. Sattu improves your metabolism, which helps in burning fat. It also reduces water retention-induced bloating and helps you lose kilos.
Sattu is also an excellent source of insoluble fiber. This fiber keeps you satiated and prevents the need to overeat and binge between meals, which reduces your calorie content.
Flushes out toxins
While working out and having a healthy lifestyle are critical for a healthy body, detoxifying yourself regularly is also equally essential.
Sattu is a natural detoxifying ingredient that flushes out toxins from your body. Consuming it, in the long run, will help boost your circulation, purify your blood, improve your immunity, reduce chronic inflammation, and even lose weight.
How to make organic sattu work for you?
You can gain these benefits only if you consume sattu in the right way. Here are some tips from our experts to maximize the health advantages of sattu:
- It works as an excellent pre-workout drink. It offers instant energy for you to work out, especially with weights.
- Consume sattu in a thin consistency. Otherwise, when consumed in a thick consistency, it may lead to indigestion and bloating.
- Try to consume it during the daytime on an empty stomach. Since your body’s digestion slows down after sunset, it is not advised to consume sattu late evening or at night.
- Sattu is a very versatile ingredient. You can either make it savory by adding roasted onions, cumin, fennel, and mint leaves or add natural sweeteners. Make a sattu smoothie by adding jaggery, cacao powder, and roasted oats. Mix it with soy or almond milk and enjoy it cold.
- Sattu alone will not help you achieve your health goals. Make sure to consume a healthy diet, keep yourself hydrated, and exercise regularly to attain the body that you have always dreamt of.
- Never start consuming sattu on your own. Consult your fitness expert before adding it to your routine for best possible results.
Now that you know that there are other great ways to add protein to your diet without turning to chemical-based and sugar protein shakes, switch to sattu today to start your health journey. Adya Organics’ sattu powder is made with 100% pure channa using the stone-ground method to retain all its nutrients. Get in touch with us today to stock up on this superfood and our other organic foods.