- 100% Organic, pure and unadulterated achar
- Made with the best quality natural ingredients
- No added preservatives, sugar or color
- Sourced from our Adya Organics’ farms located in the high rises of Uttarakhand.
- Aids in digestion and helps clear digestive tracts
- Glass Jar Packaging is environment friendly and maintains its natural taste
- Organic Achaar is rich in antioxidants which help mitigate the risk of many diseases
- Helps boosting immunity for a stronger you
Dadi Ma ka- Jimikand Ka Achaar
What is the difference between pickles and achar?
The terms pickles and achar are often used interchangeably to refer to preserved vegetables or fruits. However, there can be slight regional or cultural variations in their usage. In general, pickles are commonly associated with the Western-style pickling method using vinegar or brine, while achar is often used to describe the traditional Indian or South Asian style of pickling that involves fermenting the ingredients with a combination of spices, oil, and sometimes vinegar. Both pickles and achar provide a tangy, flavorful addition to meals and can be enjoyed as condiments.
How do you preserve Jimikand Achar for a long time?
To preserve Jimikand Achar (pickled elephant foot yam) for a long time, it is important to follow proper hygiene and preservation techniques. After preparing the achar, store it in clean, sterilized glass jars or containers. Ensure that the achar is completely submerged in the oil or pickling liquid to prevent spoilage. Keep the containers tightly sealed and store them in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight. This will help extend the shelf life of the Jimikand Achar.
How long do Jimikand pickles last without refrigeration?
The shelf life of Jimikand pickle without refrigeration can vary depending on various factors such as the specific recipe used, storage conditions, and local climate. Generally, homemade pickles can last for several weeks to a few months without refrigeration if stored properly. However, it’s important to note that without refrigeration, the pickle may undergo changes in texture, flavor, and quality over time. To ensure maximum freshness and longevity, it is recommended to refrigerate the Jimikand pickle, especially in warmer climates, to maintain its taste and quality for an extended period.