- 100% Organic and unprocessed healthy Dheki rice
- Made without using machine/electric/chemical device
- Unpolished, unadulterated and hand pounded rice
- No preservatives or chemicals added
- Retains existing nutrients by traditional extraction methods
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Ideal for diabetic patients as it is low on the Glycemic Index.
- Helps mitigate cardiovascular illnesses
- Great substitute to unhealthy basmati rice or white rice
- Helps lower the risk of cancer
- Rich in fibre and power packed with manganese
- Reduces the risk of Type 2 diabetes
Mushroom Ghee Roast with Ghee Rice!
- Used this delicious ghee from @adyaorganics
- You will LOVE these recipes for 2 reasons – 1. It’s a FLAVOR BOMB. Like the masala with the umami of the mushrooms is honestly tooo gooood.
- The quality of the rice and ghee!! Both of them are from @adyaorganics. The A2 cow ghee is hand churned and imparts full desi flavor to the rice and the roast!!
- Apart from ghee and rice, @adyaorganics has multiple products like honey, date palm jaggery, sattu etc.
- You can eat the mushrooms with rice or as is! They are DELISH!
What is hand-pound rice?
Hand-pounded rice, also known as traditional rice, is a type of rice that is produced using traditional methods. This means that the rice is not milled or polished like modern rice. Instead, it is hand-pounded using a mortar and pestle to remove the husk and bran. This process preserves the nutrients and flavor of the rice, making it more nutritious and flavorful than modern rice.
Hand-pounded rice has a rougher texture than polished rice and also has a nutty taste. It is considered to be healthier because it is less processed and contains more vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants than polished rice. It is also considered to be more sustainable as it does not require large-scale machinery or energy consumption in the production process.
Hand-pounded rice is commonly found in rural areas of India and other Southeast Asian countries, where it is considered a staple food. It is used to make a variety of dishes such as dosa, idli, and upma. It is also used to make traditional porridge and puddings.
How to cook hand-pound rice?
Cooking hand-pounded rice is similar to cooking regular rice, but it requires a little more time and attention. The first step is to soak the rice in water for at least 4 hours or overnight. This helps to soften the rice and make it easier to cook.
To cook, add the soaked rice to a pot with enough water to cover the rice by about 2 inches. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and let the rice simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
It is important to check the rice occasionally and stir it to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot. If the water has been absorbed and the rice is still not cooked, add a little more water and continue cooking. Once the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before fluffing it with a fork and serving.
Cooking time may vary based on the type of rice and how long it has been soaked, so it’s best to check the rice frequently to ensure that it is cooked to your liking.
Anupam Agarwal –
I tried this once with my homemade recipe, and my family loved the nutty taste! I am now using it everywhere – boiled rice, pulav, and biryani. It blends beautifully with the spices and gives a unique flavour. You will know it when you taste it!
Pravin Jain –
I wanted something fulfilling for my husband. I have been using this for a few weeks now, and the results are perfect. He is full for a large part of the day and not taking up snacks. Definitely a great solution for people on a diet.
Sandeep Dwivedi –
Good to see that still any food item is coming right from the farm. Natural things are rear in current time. This is very pure and original. I never see this product any where. Thank you for this unique product.
Dilip Vakil –
My grandmother used to talk about hand-pounded rice. So, when I got to know about this one, I was excited. It was better than all my expectations. Reminds me of her stories and tastes very well. Much better than the regular rice.
Priya Sabarwal –
The fragrance of the rice is too good. Really love making them in adya’s A2 gir cow ghee.
Atul Jain –
Dekhi rice is one of the healthiest options for rice lovers. It is naturally processed and unpolished. I like the earthy taste of it. I am aware of it, but was not getting a genuine product. My search ended once I ordered and cooked Adya Organics hand pounded rice.
Manisha Bisht –
My husband got to know about hand pounded rice from one of her fitness enthusiast friends. On his recommendation, we searched online and ordered Adya Organics hand pounded rice. Being new to this kind of rice, I was not sure about the taste and ways to cook. But when I used it…it has a better nutty taste and cooks in a similar way, but just takes a little more time. I don’t mind a few extra minutes to cook considering health benefits.