Organic farming is second nature to the Indian farmers. For the past few years, owing to modernization, a lot of farmers have been using chemicals and fertilizers in their soil, depriving it of the basic nutrients. However, with changing times and the need for fresh food, it is time for the farmers to go back to their roots.
According to global statistics, India accounts for a total of 30% of organic producers globally. Despite the huge numbers of producers, the total production is just 2.59% of the world’s total production. In spite of being one of the first countries to begin organic production, India is far behind the powerful countries in accomplishing the quality produce.
Before we look at how the farmers need to improve organic farming techniques used, and what can help boost the production, let’s take a quick look at the benefits associated with organic farming.
Organic Farming Top Benefits
In the case of organic farming, the living population within the soil stays protected, even when the soil is being nurtured to produce the crops. In the process of using natural fertilizers, the microorganisms thrive.
#1 Healthy and Pure Soil
healthy soil assures healthy produce, which is why you should opt for organic farming techniques. It maintains the health of the soil, protects the nutrients, and ensures that the soil, as well as the crops, gain maximum nutrition. The farming technique ensures that the soil blooms in its natural ecosystem, thus controlling the weeds, and leading to the production of healthy plants. It also helps combat soil erosion and protects the soil to further growth.
#2 Limited Use of Chemicals
When you turn to organic farming, you will notice that farmers don’t really use chemicals or harmful fertilizers that can ruin the soil or cause permanent damage. This reduced exposure can help your plants thrive, and the end product will be impressive. Apart from the soil, water and air is also polluted as a result of the chemicals, which can be prevented with this organic farming practice.
#3 Boosts Water Conservation
The biggest threat to farming practises is the lack of proper amounts of water to grow crops. With water supply at risk, it is time to turn to organic farming practices that tend to conserve the usage of water by taking time to work on the soil and using fewer irrigation methods to grow the crops
#4 Affordable Crops
With organic practices, you can ably sell good and healthy produce. However, at the moment affordability is still not possible, as not all farmers have adopted the organic practices. However, once everyone follows this practice, produce will be more affordable.
At the moment, the regular growing practices are less expensive as compared to the other techniques, including organic practices. The major investment in the case of organic farming techniques is attributed to the farming certification, which is expensive. You cannot follow organic techniques without investing in this certification.
Growing Need for Honest Farmers
When a farmer grows crops using organic methods, along with the costs incurred, the produce is low as compared to the produce grown using conventional methods. As a result, the market costs for organic produce increases.
- At Adya Organics, we aim to reduce the overall cost of the product and offer farm produce at affordable rates, without making the farmers incur losses. This is specific to all the produce organically grown in our farms
- We believe in produce based farming and have positioned ourselves as honest farmers.
- With organic farming techniques, which have already reduced major equipment and other costs, we ensure productive and efficient soil mining and seedling methods.
- We get the farm produce directly from our farms to the markets, which is why we have derived an efficient supply chain, ensure quick delivery of the products and have managed to keep the prices affordable
What do we do differently to help our farmers and customers?
- We follow the dairy best practices along with Vedic and organic farming techniques. This helps us differentiate ourselves, and offer quality farm produce to the markets
- We have defined our products with a vision to improve the eating habits of the people, and offer healthy food to the Indian as well as international consumers
- We guide the farmers, agricultural students and others involved in farming practices through workshops. We aim to make them understand the dynamics involved in organic farming, and how they can increase their income through this medium. We show them how it is done, and why they should opt for it
- We have extended our platform to them to use as a medium to sell their produce. We make sure that proper quality checks are done on the produce, before putting it up for sale
- We have also started introductory classes in school, on agriculture and farming. We want the students to connect with nature, and understand the importance of good and healthy food.
At Adya, we constantly work towards improving the lifestyle of our consumers by offering farm-fresh and high-quality organic/ naturally grown products. We keep up with the organic best practices to offer our consumers the finest and quality produce. We believe that organic farming is a win-win situation for the farmers and consumers