Mustard oil has always been one of the kitchen essentials in every Indian household but is now gaining popularity in rest of the world due to its multi-purpose use and numerous health benefits. It is not just widely used for cooking but has also been part of the ancient medicine system due to its strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Organic Mustard Oil is considered to be one of the healthiest and nutritious oils for consumption due to the presence of healthy fats and optimum mix of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids making it a great choice for healthy heart and body.
There are two types of Organic Mustard Oil:
Yellow Mustard Oil is milder and lighter in colour and is extracted from yellow mustard seeds whereas Black Mustard Oil is particularly pungent and spicier in flavour and is extracted from black mustard seeds.
Organic Yellow Mustard Oil
Adya Organics cold-pressed Yellow Mustard Oil is also known as ‘golden oil of purity’ is extracted from the yellow mustard seeds using the ‘Kohlu’ traditional method where bulls are used to rotate a bamboo roller under low temperature which helps in the retention of maximum natural flavours and nutrition. This method also ensures 100% purity and freshness as it leads to extraction of only 30% oil from seeds.
Organic Black Mustard Oil
Adya Organics Black Mustard Oil is extracted from the black mustard seeds using the ‘Kohlu’ method. This traditional method retains natural flavour of mustard and ensures 100% purity and freshness.
Uses and Health Benefits of Organic Mustard Oil
- Medicinal benefits – It helps to cure bacterial and fungal skin infections due to its strong antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Massage oil – Massaging mustard oil on the skin can help in improving blood circulation
- Provides beauty benefits – It can be used to promote hair growth, repair cracked heels, heal dry and chapped skin
- Preservatives for pickles – It is commonly used as preservatives for Organic Pickles due to its anti-microbial properties
- Anti-inflammatory properties – It helps in reducing swelling and inflammation in the body
- Healthy heart – It contains healthy fats that lowers risk of cardiovascular diseases, and cholesterol and improve heart health
- Great immunity booster – It has immunity-boosting properties which help in curing common colds and clearing congestion
- Natural stimulant – It stimulates the liver and spleen to release digestive juices and biles which further help in improving digestion