- Spearmint is good for opening our throat tract especially if there is congestion.it is a mood enhancer and prevents acidity.
- Rosehips have 50% more vitamin C than oranges.They are a collagen booster for the skin and prevent wrinkles on the skin.They also prevent coughs and cold are good for the eyes.They keep our body alkaline.
Rosehip and Rhododendron Lemonade
- Take 3 serving glasses
- Fill one with water and put it into your electric kettle.
- Add in 6 spoons (teaspoons) heaped of the herb blend.
- Boil this in the kettle and let it steep.
- In the meantime,in each of your serving glasses put in 2 tespn of sugar/ gur ki shakker and the juice of one lemon.
- Strain the liquid in the kettle equally into the glasses and top with chilled water.
If you put the Rhodo lemonade in a wine glass,put in chopped apples( or any other firm and tart fruit) you will get a Sangria mocktail. If you spike it with red wine/ white rum you will get a cocktail.With the Rosehip and mint lemonade, you can’t put in fruit,but, you can spike it to make a cocktail.
These drinks are preservative free hence should be consumed within 24 hrs.
These unique lemonades will surely bring a smile on the face of your guests.
The mint lemonade if had with breakfast will keep you cool throughout the day during the hot summer months.
Happy drinking. Hope you enjoy these lemonade,mocktail and cocktail recipes..